how often do you............

A gramme is better than a damn! Pull up a chair, have a drink, and banter.

Moderator: Thought Police

Tron
King
King

how often do you............

Post by Tron »

.clean......

come on, come clean and tell me.

Pie - I know you'll freak me out with your answers as you area lovely clean layddee, but aside form this, everyone else - how often do you scrub your loo, hoover and change your bedding?

I just want to make sure I am normal :)

P.S. does anyone else get a huge urge to don marrigolds and clean after watching "How clean is your house"?
"Les petit pois - c'est vert? Je nais ce quois!"
nightowl
Alpha (Conditioned)
Alpha (Conditioned)

Post by nightowl »

I do it as often as I can but due to my unpredictable schedule I don't get to clean as often as possible and no offence to Hano but some how there doesn't seem to be that same sense of satisfaction if I leave him chores to do (dunno call me weird).

PS tron I don't watch any of those programs otherwise I would go crazy, run myself ragged and meet an early grave ;)
If you can't change your circumstances, then change your perceptions :P
MoneyPenny
Alpha (Free)
Alpha (Free)

Post by MoneyPenny »

OK I clean the house every Sunday night after the dogs have left that includes hovering upstairs and downstairs, so thats means 2hr cleaning, do the sunday dishes, clean down the kitchen and then soak in a long hot bath. There is no point in even trying to clean with the dogs around.

Every evening I do a quick sweep of downstairs and tidy up after his lordship, the dishes are done the same night they are dirtied.

The sheets are changed every 2 weeks, mainly because I can't stand sleeping with dog hair on my pillows, and juding from the amount that comes off on the fiter on the tumble dryer, certain people are not sticking to the no dogs on the bed rule when I am not around.

Bathroom is cleaned and scrubed down about every 2 weeks, depending on what the weather is like outside as if it is nice then I will go out and do gardening instead, I have discovered that I really enjoy gardening and the garden looked lovely this summer.

My biggest down fall is hovering the stairs, the carpet on the stairs is a dark dusky pink which shows every single damned hair and I tend to leave the stairs until they are almost white before hovering them :oops:
Pie Eater
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Pie Eater »

I can't stand having shit lying around like dirty dishes and papers so I tend to pick up as I go. i hoover downstairs a lot more often than upstairs and the stairs carpet is a great workout. I gradually got to hate cutting the grass and trimming the hedge and edges towards the end of the Summer but the results are always pleasing and I suppose that's what spurs us to keep it up.

Having dark reflective surfaces and silver hob and sink are gorgeous but an absoulte bitch for watermarks. Buffing with cloths and elbow grease is essential but it is lovely to light your candles and enjoy the gorgeousness!

I can usually get away with not dusting for a wee while but when three small fingered neices come over and start writing their names in the dust, it gets a little difficult (and embarassing) :oops:
MoneyPenny
Alpha (Free)
Alpha (Free)

Post by MoneyPenny »

Pie Eater wrote: I gradually got to hate cutting the grass and trimming the hedge and edges towards the end of the Summer but the results are always pleasing and I suppose that's what spurs us to keep it up.
The house is my job to keep clean when it comes to the grass and the hedges though that is mens work and his lordship gets nagged to go out and cut the grass etc., saying that the grass need cutting this weekend so I hope the weather drys out a little.
loopymoo
Alpha (Conditioned)
Alpha (Conditioned)

Post by loopymoo »

I clean everyday - I have to with two kids around the place.

Washing at least two loads a day - four people four towels a day - baby clothes :o

Polishing three times a week, hoovering twice a day, cleaning windows, once a month, changing bedding every week.

Oh my god, do I have time for anything else at the moment :)