Bigpops' Gear

Got it? Flaunt it.
Bigpops
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Bigpops » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:56 pm

My gear, and a bit about it.

This is a Samick super strat type thing. No idea of the model, but it's Korean. This was the second guitar i'd ever had. I got it second hand in 1995, for £90, and it was my only guitar for around 5 years. Since i got it, it's had a new bridge pickup (Seymour Duncan JB), a new Floyd Rose (the original was gold), and new black speed knobs. Maybe i'll change the tuners for black ones one day. An amazing guitar. Everytime i play it (which isn't often), it suprises me how well it plays.

This is a PRS CE 24. It was an ex-demo model, which was originally dark purple, but the sun had faded it to this raspberry colour. I only found this out recently when i took one of the pickups out. I've had this about 4 years now. It's awesome.

This is my mate's Epiphone Les Paul. He loaned it to me about 9 months ago. I never play it, because it's crap. It's too heavy, the scale's too short, and the pickups are crud. The only reason i still have it is because he hasn't asked for it back yet.

This is my Ibanez JEM7BSB. I imported this from Germany, to save a few hundred quid. Lovely guitar, and by far my favourite JEM. It looks like nothing else. Terrific rock axe it is. You can't beat Ibanez trems.

This is my new (1 week old) Fender Stratocaster. It's a 'Vintage Premium' range ST62-70TX. Which means it's a '62 reissue with alder body, and Texas special pickups. It also has aged parts and a mint green guard. It sounds stunning clean or with a mild overdrive. This is produced for Japan only, and isn't exported officially.

This is my BOSS GT-6. What a fantastic piece of kit. It's 3 years old now. I was going to sell it, as i've just o got a POD XT Live. The thing is, this has so many things that the POD can't do (yet?), i can't justify getting rid of it.

This is my new POD XT live. It's less than a week old, and i haven't really had a good play with it yet. I've got Guitar port online and got loads of tones and stuff, but i'm yet to be blown away.

This is my Vox AC15 twin. Going by the speakers (Fane bluebacks), it seems to be mid '60s. I did a straight swap for it with my Laney LC-15. It's being repaired at the moment, and i need to order some capacitors for it. Hopefully it will be back soon.
Last edited by Bigpops on Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.