[MLG] Hanohtep's Choice 01/10/02

Moderator: Thought Police

Hanohtep
Beth Orton's Mum
Beth Orton's Mum

[MLG] Hanohtep's Choice 01/10/02

Post by Hanohtep »

Skipping those that haven't been participating at all (if you want to pick songs you have to comment on other people's choices :P) it's back to my turn.

Spin Spin Sugar Sneaker Pimps
Brick Ben Folds Five
M.M. Sputniks Down This one is available here legally and free - courtesy of Vitaminic
Bad Devil Devin Townsend (may appear under the name Infinity)
hanohtep is saying is that the material world doesn't work that way
"Goat Boy is here to please you..."
heavy-rotation
Thought Police
Thought Police

Re: [MLG] Hanohtep's Choice 01/10/02

Post by heavy-rotation »

Hanohtep wrote:Skipping those that haven't been participating at all (if you want to pick songs you have to comment on other people's choices :P)
I didn't want to offend people ;)

Not much point in me doing one anyway, as I doubt you'd be able to find most of it.
Coconut Shy
Gamma-Freemartin
Gamma-Freemartin

Re: [MLG] Hanohtep's Choice 01/10/02

Post by Coconut Shy »

heavy-rotation wrote:
Hanohtep wrote:Skipping those that haven't been participating at all (if you want to pick songs you have to comment on other people's choices :P)
I didn't want to offend people ;)

Not much point in me doing one anyway, as I doubt you'd be able to find most of it.
Same here, I was thinking b4, what songs I would submit and I think they would be very difficult to find.
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

I could name several very comprehensive CD and vinyl retailers if you'd like, most of whom accept credit card payment over the World Wide Web. :bg: :P
Kajun is awaiting approval.
Hanohtep
Beth Orton's Mum
Beth Orton's Mum

Post by Hanohtep »

:lol:
MoneyPenny
Alpha (Free)
Alpha (Free)

Post by MoneyPenny »

8)

Brick Ben Folds Five
8)

M.M. Sputniks Down
8)

Bad Devil Devin Townsend
:dg:

I liked all off those so I will keeping them :bg:

I also got extra homework this week and I am still working my way through but so far they are all 8) as well which for me is stunning
Hanohtep
Beth Orton's Mum
Beth Orton's Mum

Post by Hanohtep »

I r00l! 8)
MoneyPenny
Alpha (Free)
Alpha (Free)

Post by MoneyPenny »

Hanohtep wrote:I r00l! 8)
You r00l at making me cry if that makes you happy. I can't beleive these tracks are making me cry like a baby
Hanohtep
Beth Orton's Mum
Beth Orton's Mum

Post by Hanohtep »

For those listening to the my MLG choices she's not referring to them - although Devin Townsend has made grown men cry before ;)
Hanohtep
Beth Orton's Mum
Beth Orton's Mum

Post by Hanohtep »

Nobody but MP playing then? :cry:
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

Yup. Should be done by tonight wee man.
Kajun is awaiting approval.
Blam
Thought Police
Thought Police

Post by Blam »

Spin Spin Sugar; Sneaker Pimps

Realy like this, funky, simple and relaxin but it can still get you in the mood!

Brick; Ben Folds Five

I now love this, simple, tunefull, and you can relate to most of what the guy is saying, great choice hano!

M.M. Sputniks Down This one is available here legally and free - courtesy of Vitaminic (please wait while i d/l)

Bad Devil Devin Townsend (may appear under the name Infinity)

Listened a couple of times, hate it, soz hano, but it is too weird!! :(
Hanohtep
Beth Orton's Mum
Beth Orton's Mum

Post by Hanohtep »

There's something really dark and seething about this track that I love. Maybe it's just my dark and twisted psyche at work again but I really love this track. I only just recently started listening to the Sneaker Pimps but what I've heard I like - this being my favourite track so far I just figured I'd pick it as a logicval choice. Six Underground and Wasted Early Sunday Morning are also superb.

Brick Ben Folds Five

This is a nice, yet ultimately depressing song. Ben Folds Five are a rock band without guitars and it's great. They do rock, ballads, and comedy songs brilliantly. This track is definately one of the ballads. Songs like For Those of Ya'll Who Wear Fanny Packs and Satan Is My Master are of the comedy variety and I also highly recommend them. Seen them live at the Queen Margaret Union in Glasgow a good few years back and it was a superb show. I'm not exactly sure of their current status - not sure if they're split up or whether they're just on haitus, Ben Folds has a solo project now that is also worth investigating.

M.M. Sputniks Down

Sputniks Down are a fairly local band. I seen them live supporting the band a friend of mine was in at the 13th Note in Glasgow a couple of years ago. The 'stage' (it was actually just a corner of the basement) was swamped with instruments and I expected about eight people to walk on stage. When the lights dimmed and two guys walked on I was surprised to say the least - especially when the first guy sat down at a xylophone. What followed was an incredible forty minute set that probably consisted of no more than five songs - all instrumentals. The two guys quickly switched between instruments with hardly a breathe missed. The closest thing to vocals during the set was the brilliant use of samples. There's no easy way to describe Sputniks Down, they're eclectic to say the least, but they're a band that should definately be checked out by everyone. There are two free tracks available for download at vitaminic, this one and another track called P.K. which isn't quite as good but is still good enough. Another good stand out track is Songs For Tiny Radio Children which used to be available for download from the labels site but doesn't appear to be there anymore.

Bad Devil Devin Townsend

Devin Townsend apparantly admitted himself to a mental institution after recording the album that this track is on - and if this track is indicative of the album (don't know personally as this is the only Devin track that I know) then it's understandable. This song is madness. Not entirely sure whether it wants to be a standard rock track, or maybe a bit industrial, then what the hell let's throw a trumpet solo in there. I love this track but I can see how it might not be for everybody.