[GPG] Bigpops' choice - Tin Pan Alley by Stevie Ray Vaughan

A forum archive for GPG songs more than 6 months old to help keep the place tidy.
DGV
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by DGV »

No, don't wait for me! I've struggled more than usually this week, plus I've really somehow had very little time to play (although I have had plenty of free time - shame on me! :oops: ). It isn't technically that difficult (to the point I've reached) but as everybody stated, lack of a clear melody makes it harder. I'm also pretty unaccustomed to this style, which makes it a bit harder yet as it's a new thing altogether for me. I'll be out of town tomorrow and tonight I'll just be 'out of touch' which means I'll get something (I dread to think how horrendous it'll be) up on Sunday. So by no means should you wait for me - go on and pick the next if you like. I'll catch up this weekend, trust me!

And IceBus, I really think you're stressing too much. You have no obligations (even if we do consider you the father of the GPG :lol: ) towards us. This is fun only as long as... well... everybody thinks it's fun. So don't stress too much. Also, you could try to get even a small part up, and remember: we can't all be as good as Bigpops! :P IOW doesn't need to be too polished.
Ice
Master of Melody
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland... Where live music comes to die/be reborn...

Post by Ice »

The problem isn't that I'm crap at it, I just haven't had a chance to even sit down with it to try and learn it :( I just feel guilty as this is my idea and I haven't managed to get a soundclip up for the last three choices :( I seem to have picked up a bit of a stomach bug too which isn't helping...
Bigpops
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Bigpops »

Nevermind. At least you have a new avatar to cheer you up!!
Ice
Master of Melody
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland... Where live music comes to die/be reborn...

Post by Ice »

Pfffft that's not much use if I'm not living up to the responsibilities that supposedly got me the title... :(
Wolf11
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Wolf11 »

:bg: :D :) :lol: :wink: there you go ....none of this :(

Please dont think you,ve GOT to post m8.....I have to be in the right frame of mind to play guitar.if i,m down :( then the only thing i might do is wallow in songs in minor keys/chords..but ususally I just dont play .

You probably need time to feel better m8....Stressing over this will make it worse..so just take your time Peter.

P.s I like your new badge as well....Now where did I leave my Brasso :D

Wolf;)
DGV
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by DGV »

This isn't working. I'm real sorry. I just can't do a solid take with more than 2 bars, and even teh 2 bars I manage sound crap. I don't think I'll submit anything. And I don't know why this particular song is so hard for me. It doesn't seem THAT difficult.

We really should move on, though. No reason to stagnate just because only 2 members posted their efforts. :( Sorry.
Ice
Master of Melody

Post by Ice »

I don't know whats happened to me lately, I tried recordingsome "Fear of the Dark" today and I completely failed to get anything concrete recorded. I just seem to have completely lost the ability to play well and record it. I'm worried about what to do with GPG these days :(
Hanohtep
Beth Orton's Mum
Beth Orton's Mum

Post by Hanohtep »

Pete mate, don't worry about it. Worrying about it will only make it harder to get something recorded. It might be best to forget about what tracks you've got to record for now and just think about the next selection.

Remember, as everyone else has said GPG is meant to be fun - not something to worry too much about. I only wish I had the time to participate more - I'd like to have amused you all with a really dodgy rendition of Iron Maiden on a crappy acoustic guitar recorded with a PC mic - but I just don't have the time at the moment.

Just relax mate.
hanohtep is saying is that the material world doesn't work that way
"Goat Boy is here to please you..."
Bigpops
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Bigpops »

DGV - I totally understand where you're comming from. I found it exrtemely difficult to do the small section that i did. The playing was not the problem. The problem was trying to capture the timing, the feel, and remembering it all.

Icebus - Forget the last few songs. Pretend they were never posted, and don't dwell. You have the rest of your life to learn them if you want to. The best thing you can do is think about your choice. Make sure it's something that you REALLY love, and can't wait to sink your teeth into. Then, when you've got one (and only then), post it up.

I've got all the time in the world mate, so take your time.