[Minireferendum] Politics & Society region grouping

Community, Identity, Stability.
Rules & announcements concerning ixyl.co.uk and the forums.

Moderator: Thought Police

Should we have single threads for regions?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:32 pm

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 5

Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

[Minireferendum] Politics & Society region grouping

Post by Kajun »

I suggested this earlier and Hanohtep agrees - should we have a couple of threads entitled "Africa Watch" or "Balkan Watch", into which we can post regular updates of news from these regions? At the moment things are spread over a number of threads whenever a new story is released, and so they don't perhaps get so much attentions in the form of replies; if the region was subject to continued discussion though, and new news articles were posted in a single thread as a matter of course, then discussion of the region may be more fluid and participated in.

Naturally any major event would benefit from its own thread, and threads would be split/merged if warranted anyway.

:?:

This minireferendum will run for 5 days. Please vote now.
Kajun is awaiting approval.
Charmaka
Alpha (Conditioned)
Alpha (Conditioned)

Post by Charmaka »

Is it possible to have a nested sub-forum for this kind of thing?
"Why do you hate America so much?"(TM)
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

It's possible. I'll find out more about the way the various subforum modifications work and report back; perhaps we'll have another miniref on the implementation, depending on the result of this one...

(to the uninitiated, a subforum system would be where Politics and Society would have a wee + sign which could be clicked on, opening up the forum into its several constituent parts - i.e. the region threads we're discussing. Whether this would disperse threads/posts too much, I don't know...)
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

80% vote yes, 20% vote no. It's a yes. I shall get onto this ASAP after discussion with Agents about what's needed. Guidance for posting will be offered.