[GPG] Bigpops' choice - Hotel California, by The Eagles.

A forum archive for GPG songs more than 6 months old to help keep the place tidy.
Wolf11
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Wolf11 »

EEk....It must be my terrible memory rubbing off on you m8 :)

I'll have to remember next week a whole new year etc etc :(

Wolf;')
DingleBerry
Epsilon-Minus
Epsilon-Minus

Post by DingleBerry »

hiya and welcome dingle to the playing world of guitaryness :)

a fair few of you already know me i thinks

ur HI :D
Ice
Master of Melody
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland... Where live music comes to die/be reborn...

Post by Ice »

Welcome to the GPG Dingle :)
DGV
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by DGV »

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the GPG and hope you record and post regularly. :wink:
DingleBerry
Epsilon-Minus
Epsilon-Minus

Post by DingleBerry »

DGV wrote:Welcome! Hope you enjoy the GPG and hope you record and post regularly. :wink:
hehe i intend to but i am horribly unmotivated :wink:

this is a good excuse to learn new songs...something which i can never be bothered to do and its held me back.
Wolf11
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Wolf11 »

Welcome Dingle m8 :D

Glad your gonna give it a go :)

Wolf;)
DingleBerry
Epsilon-Minus
Epsilon-Minus

Post by DingleBerry »

grr why must i be so pedantic about my picking patterns!!! :evil:

its gonna take me ages to learn this song :) but im bloomin well gonna do it....also sans cappo cos i lost mine :(
nine-bar
Epsilon-Minus
Epsilon-Minus

Post by nine-bar »

Hiya, i have had a look at this a while ago, but im having a few problems on on how to record it.
I have a copy of Cubase, Soundforge etc so i am able to do it, im just wondering how i can actually get something down on my pc. Do i just use my line in and record and stick it on top of a midi track or another method?
Any help on this would be good as im flumoxed at the moment on how to do it, as i have little experience of cubase etc, any links to tutorials etc would be sweet =)
Have a happy new year all btw, and hope you had a good christmas. I did as i am the proud owner of a V-Amp 2, i just have to get a midi cable now so i can run it in to my comp =) No experience of midi either! But always a good time to learn=)
Bigpops
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Bigpops »

Hi. Long time no see.

You don't need a midi cable for your VAmp. What you need is a lead with a 1/4" Jack-plug on one end, and a 1/8" Jack-plug on the other (or a standard guitar lead, and a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter)" . You'll then take the output of the VAmp (1/4" Jack socket) and plug it into the line-in on your sound card (1/8" jack socket). You can then use soundforge to record the guitar, albeit without backing music.

I can't really help with cubase, because the version i got with my soundcard, doesn't like XP. It should be similar to what i do with Cakewalk Home studio. An explanation is here.
nine-bar
Epsilon-Minus
Epsilon-Minus

Post by nine-bar »

The reason i havent been around is due to sorting xmas out and seeing family etc, its the same every year =) Even band practices etc have stopped due to it, no we have band drink sessions instead until the new year =)
Thanks for the advice i take a look at that and try to get something down asap, appreciated =)
A reson why i want a midi cable for the v amp is so i can edit my sounds on my pc, as there is certain things that you cant do with it according to the manual. I like playing with sounds, especially crazy or weird ones, give me a weird sound and ill play all day lol =)
So, ill be back soon and have a bash at this, going to have to buy a lead but it wont stop me playing it=)
Ta
Ice
Master of Melody
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland... Where live music comes to die/be reborn...

Post by Ice »

Shockingly slow performance from me in getting this done, I'm really sorry for the delay guys, I just never seemed able to nail this... Until today. It's a pretty piss poor amount of the song too, but at least it's something.

Hotel California - IceBus

Let me know what you think.

I'll get my choice posted this evening.
Bigpops
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Bigpops »

Very nice. I like it. A little more practice and it'll be smooth as silk.

Nice one.
Wolf11
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Wolf11 »

Nice one Nine-Bar....I love my Vamp .....although It can be a bit Noisy even you dont get the gate setting right :|

I am just downloading yours now Peter :)

Wolf;)
Wolf11
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Wolf11 »

Very confidently played Peter ....Came across well .

This one sounded smoother than some others...you listened to it well m8 (something I dont do )......nice clean tone as well :)

Wolf;)
Ice
Master of Melody

Post by Ice »

Thanks guys :) I'll continue to practice this and try to get some more learned if I have the time :bg: