[GPG] Where is my mind (Pixies)

A forum archive for GPG songs more than 6 months old to help keep the place tidy.
DGV
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by DGV »

Well, I have hardware problems, so to speak. I have this learned pretty decently, but I was thinking about recording it only once I get the chance to buy the vamp2. But, I happen to have an exam on Thursday, and I should really spend the days in the library studying for the exam, so I can't quite find the time to get around to buy it. So, I'm still debating whether I'll wait until I buy it or record it in the old shoddy fashion, and I'm leaning towards waiting for the vamp. After all, I have it learned so once I get to the shop it shouldn't take me too long. Basically, don't wait for me. I promise I'll record this one even if we move on. :)
Wolf11
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Wolf11 »

Dgv- Good luck in your exam m8....get in that Library m8..GPG will wait till whenever :bg:

You might as well wait m8..it will be a nice trial for the Vamp :)

Wolf;)
Bigpops
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Bigpops »

DGV, get your head in the books. Guitar playing isn't that important, but it's close :wink: .

Right, my SBLive! had decided to echo every single thing i try to record tonight, despite disabling the onboard sound. So, i'm going to ditch the onboard sound for the time being, and get my SBLive! working properly. I will record this (and the Fear Factory one) as soon as i get my new "improved" :roll: PC up to scratch.
Ice
Master of Melody
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland... Where live music comes to die/be reborn...

Post by Ice »

Hows it going?

RevBillyG or Penfold can post their choice ASAP.
Bigpops
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Bigpops »

Right, i finally know what's up. It's Cakewalk. It won't record properly, and it doesn't remove all it's settings from the registry when you uninstall it, so there's all the old Nvidia setting screwing it up. So, i've decide to spend ten minutes with n-track, and i came up with this very short, out of time version:

10 minute Pixies

I know it's crap, but i had to record it somehow. Another fresh install at the weekend is in order i think.
Wolf11
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Wolf11 »

Bigpops- Not bad at all Darren m8 ..not up to your usual standard but for the amount of time you gave it I think it,s a very fair effort :)

You always seem to get a really clear recording ...I reckon some of it is probably my leads and maybe I dont spend long enough balancing recording levels.

Hope an Install wrks m8 :( ..pc,s are a pain in the arse when they dont co operate :evil:

Wolf;)
Ice
Master of Melody
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland... Where live music comes to die/be reborn...

Post by Ice »

Not bad at all mate :D At least you got summat down. Should I PM Penfold and co?
DGV
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by DGV »

Howdy, folks! Seems the board was down for a while or I just couldn't access it, but no matter, it came back up just in time for my latest (and, I might add, first ever recording with my bran new Behringer V-Amp2!!!) creation:

www.guitar.com/artists/DGV

I must say, it's probably one of my better works (but let's face it, it wasn't exactly the most challenging song we've had). I didn't check the tabs again, though, so I may have taken some shortcuts on, say, the little solo, and I just had to add some palm muting in there because I loved the sound I got out of it. :) Some parts not quite in sync due to a limited amount of takes but nevertheless, that's it.

And, incidentally, so far I'm very pleased with my VAmp. It's gonna take ages to explore all it offers, though.
Penfold
Delta (Bokanovsky)
Delta (Bokanovsky)

Post by Penfold »

Bigpops - I really like the lead guitar tone in yours. Hope you get the 'puter all sorted. :)

DGV - I couldn't see it listed there. Not sure if you've uploaded it yet? Good to hear you're pleased with the V-Amp, a fine purchase. :)

Icebus - If RevBillyG isn't going to post, shall I put up my choice then?
Ice
Master of Melody

Post by Ice »

Yup go for it Penfold :)
DGV
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by DGV »

My upload failed somehow. (!?) Also, I am somehow currently unable to upload anything to guitar.com. Dunno what's going on.

But, no need to worry. Thanks to IceBus (cheers, Peter) I found an alternative way. ftp://GPG@angel.34sp.com/dani-mind.wav

I think that's the correct address, but I have hardly any experience with FTPs and I really am not sure.

It's pretty big. I'll downsize the next ones.
Wolf11
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Wolf11 »

DGV- doesnt appear to wrk m8....I,ll try again later m8 :(

Glad you got a Vamp ...now you can find lots of great sounds ..I just like the look of it :)...My favorite factory sound is preset 2 B love it..Van Halen :D

Wolf;)
DGV
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by DGV »

Can't say that I have the faintest clue as to what I'm doing, but I am trying to fix the problem (don't hold your breath...) It's up there for sure, but I don't know how to make it downloadable. These are the times when you wish that as a kid you'd have taken the time to learn something useful, like computer skills, instead of doing stupid stuff like sports. :)
MoneyPenny
Alpha (Free)
Alpha (Free)

Post by MoneyPenny »

<cough> well seeing as I happen to an Angel ;) I'm also trying to work out what the problem is ;) I can see it fine on ftp and I can download it but then I have access to the site anyway.

Question is who will fix it first :o
DGV
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by DGV »

Oh, whoever it is, it won't be me. I just gave up and am off to bed. :D

And Wolf, I'll get back to you on that preset tomorrow. Can't remember which one it is and don't want to try it out at 1 A.M. :bg: All I know is that there are many good ones.
MoneyPenny
Alpha (Free)
Alpha (Free)

Post by MoneyPenny »

I hate ftp'ing :evil:

Perhaps somebody who knows more about ftp would like to try and see why that damned angel site isn't working :evil:.

<goes back into hiding mode>

[edit] Link removed from Spams, thank for your help Penfold not being a web user I didn't know about the ~ [/eidt]
Last edited by MoneyPenny on Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penfold
Delta (Bokanovsky)
Delta (Bokanovsky)

Post by Penfold »

http://www.angel.34sp.com/~GPG/dani-mind.wav
;)
If you create a web user, just add the ~ thing symbol before the username.
DGV, is there a chance you could make it an mp3? It's quite a big download!
DGV
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by DGV »

Penfold, I was already thinking about this last night, waiting for it to upload, but I didn't have an encoder handy. Now I downloaded one and voilá. http://www.angel.34sp.com/~GPG/dani-mind.mp3 Btw, thanks for sorting that out for me. And that goes to you too, MoneyPenny.
Wolf11
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Wolf11 »

DGV- Not bad m8 ..I think in the conversion it,s gone a bit muffled and pulsates a bit ..but I can hear enough to be able to pick out all the parts :D

Nicely played though m8 ......now you,ll be getting all these lovely sounds...that partly why I dont mes to much else I spend all my time coming up with sounds rather than Playing lol :bg:

Wolf ;)
Ice
Master of Melody

Post by Ice »

Nice work DGV - all the parts are there indeed :D
DGV
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by DGV »

Thanks guys. Yes, it seems the encoder I dloaded was a trial version with limited quality and limited times it's useable. So it might have lost something in there. (Didn't check before uploading) If someone can recommend me some encoder I wouldn't mind. Hmm hmm... :D

Other than that, I'm really loving the V-Amp. There's just infinite possibilities there. The preset you (Wolf) mentioned, btw, is definately one of the best ones. Nice and dirty, with a nice amount of gain for good measure.