[GPG]WOLFS choice :VAN HALEN Aint talking about love

A forum archive for GPG songs more than 6 months old to help keep the place tidy.
Ice
Master of Melody
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland... Where live music comes to die/be reborn...

Post by Ice »

One day of sweat later and here she is :D

IceBus - Ain't Talkin' Bout Love

Sorry to have been a bit late with this, been hella busy and well yeah lol.

Bigpops, really liked your playing as you say the flange could have been a bit subtler but it was no big thing at all.

DGV - good playing and tonesounded a wee bit like you were rushing the first half of the main riff and then slowing down for the second half, but that might just be me :)

Let me know what you think guys.
Wolf11
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Wolf11 »

DGV ..Pretty good effort there m8 ....a bit difficult to pick bits out as It seems a bit muffled /low quality(may have been my pc though ..noy sure ) ..but I think you have the basics of it down :)

Icebus- Pretty nice Peter ..I think there was probably a little bit too much delay in your sound as someof the repeats seems to interupt the flow but other than that a good go :)

Well here,s mine ..was going to wait till tomorow ,but as it was my tune and you lot had posted I thought I,d better..I now know this tune really well so this was first take tonight .....excuse my singing.I now know why they tune to Eb as it would make singing it easier lol...

Wolfhalen

Wolf;)
DGV
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by DGV »

Peter: Nice work. Especially good to see you managed the entire song. Good job on the solos as well.

Wolf: What settings did you use for this on the V-amp? Sounds pretty good, and I wasn't too satisfied with what I got. I do have to admit that I didn't exactly spend a long time playing with the settings, but still. Nothing to be ashamed in the singing department, btw.
Wolf11
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Wolf11 »

Thankd DGV m8

AS far as settings most of the song other than the into was B2" Aint Talking about love setting" :D.... Struck me as funny that it was called that ...I just modified it by adding a bit more mid and phaser...and for the intro just intensified these settings :)

Wolf;)
DGV
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by DGV »

I was using the same B2 setting, but I seem to have done something odd. I've switched the effects to flanger whereas the original setting would have been flanger+delay I believe. I really think I didn't do that intentionally. Oops... Oh, and it probably sounded muffled because I was a bit careless in the mixing. I just noticed I had turned the bass / drums way up to hear the beat better while making sure everything's in sync and sort of forgot to turn it back down. I suppose it's to be expected that the quality may suffer, since I rushed the whole recording thing. (Started recording after posting here at (according to my clock) 9:38 and had it up at 10:16 on the same evening. Had nothing recorded before that. It usually takes me a whole lot longer to record / mix. ) Also, hadn't been playing with a pick for quite some time, so that also added somewhat. I felt I was unable to play smoothly when palm muting. That might be why IceBus said it sounded like I was rushing the main riff. So that's my share of excuses for this one. Bottom line is, I was lazy.
MoneyPenny
Alpha (Free)
Alpha (Free)

Post by MoneyPenny »

Not sure where to put this so I will put it here, if anyone is using Angel.34sp.com webspace, could they have a look at what they have uploaded, as I keep getting snotty emails about being over my quota atm.

I'll have a clear out my side at some point so that should free up more space, I can swap tracks around between web space, rather then any be deleted completely, but just letting you know that I'm running out of space.
DGV
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by DGV »

I'm using that. Peter gave me a FTP to upload to and I've uploaded a whole bunch of stuff. I've kept fairly old GPG stuff there. Just deleted almost 15 megs worth of my old GPGs.
MoneyPenny
Alpha (Free)
Alpha (Free)

Post by MoneyPenny »

Cheers I'll clear off a load as well from my half, so that should shut the them up for a while anyway.