Read Me!

Community, Identity, Stability.
Rules & announcements concerning ixyl.co.uk and the forums.

Moderator: Thought Police

Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Read Me!

Post by Kajun »

Hi,

We're now on the old database merged with a fresh install of phpBB. I think everything is working OK, bar the following:

a) dates are all very wrong. I hope to be able to fix most of these tomorrow with the aid of an earlier backup. (if you have problems posting, please let me know and I should be able to remedy this)

b) all the posts from today's forum don't exist. Again this is something less urgent that I'll tackle tomorrow but it should be easy enough to achieve.

c) Not all the forums are currently live. This is because we'll be reapplying them to a new forum structure over the coming day. Gradually all posts should trickle back.

Essentially, this should be the last revision of the revitalised forums - that is to say, everything you post will remain while the world changes around it. The roadmap as proposed elsewhere in this forum remains and I hope to have us looking good again fairly soon.

Thanks for the patience,
Kaj.
Kajun is awaiting approval.
MoneyPenny
Alpha (Free)
Alpha (Free)

Re: Read Me!

Post by MoneyPenny »

Kajun wrote:a) dates are all very wrong. I hope to be able to fix most of these tomorrow with the aid of an earlier backup. (if you have problems posting, please let me know and I should be able to remedy this)
Kaj.
<jumps up and down>

I know how to fix this but having a blonde moment atm so I can't remember :oops:

I should know how to fix this considering the amount of times I have had to reload the database and had this problem :roll:
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

Dates now recovered. A couple of posts went awry, I'll drag them back tomorrow. The reason why some more recent posts are misdated is because the backup was taken from prior to the hacking; this'll just have to be a 'feature', although I'll stamp them all with tomorrow's date rather than 1970.
DaBeeeenster
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by DaBeeeenster »

WHERE'S MY coolie :twisted:
"All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so. They're stupid." - Bill Hicks
My Travels Blog
Bat
Regional Controller
Regional Controller

Post by Bat »

DaBeeeenster wrote:WHERE'S MY coolie :twisted:
Here I am sweet pea :D
DaBeeeenster
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by DaBeeeenster »

:shock:

Mmmm what an unexpected pleasure lol :mrgreen:
"All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so. They're stupid." - Bill Hicks
My Travels Blog
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

Please note that you may wish to click on this link to clear all new posts, since I've re-stamped those posts with a date of 1970 and without any alternative date to offer. This means they're probably all showing as new (1800 of them!)
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

I do believe we now have full recovery, with the missing 700 posts restored thanks to some bizarre Excel/Notepad/phpMyAdmin wizardry on my part. ;)
heavy-rotation
Thought Police
Thought Police

Post by heavy-rotation »

the start of my Muppets! post in Camp X ray is missing actually :p

oh, and I like the two options ":" and ":" in the user profile bits too ;)
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

Muppets post has been jiggered around due to the re-datestamping - you sure posts just aren't further down?

User profile absolutely r0x now. You can just see how much effort I've put into it. ;)
Bat
Regional Controller
Regional Controller

Post by Bat »

All your data belongs to base!
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

The Netweaver server 'mocha', on which ixyl is hosted, was again hacked over the weekend; all web files were removed, and Netweaver responded by replacing them with a backup they ran after the last attack. These are fairly old, but they work for the time being. The attack appears to be sustained and running into today, which means I don't currently have FTP access to refresh the files to a more recent version. This will be done when I've regained access and consolidated backups in different locations.

Pigs. :evil:
Hanohtep
Beth Orton's Mum
Beth Orton's Mum

Post by Hanohtep »

Really, what is the point?

Just to show that you are some sort of l33t hacker to the world?

String 'em up by their IDE cables, that's what I say.
hanohtep is saying is that the material world doesn't work that way
"Goat Boy is here to please you..."
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

Well, due respect, to some. There are no 'security experts' in the world, despite what their paychecks may say - the hackers are the true experts. Just gettoff my land :evil:
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

FTP access is still denied; also not yet able to reintroduce the sub-domains, so mail users please contact me for alternate URI.
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

FTP access regained as well as sub-domains. All relatively back to normal bar a couple of things I'll upload from home. Forums need a bit of dusting off but that'll come in time...