Hello!

Community, Identity, Stability.
Rules & announcements concerning ixyl.co.uk and the forums.

Moderator: Thought Police

Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

heavy-rotation wrote:
Kajun wrote:User profiles
http://forums.ixyl.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=74791#74791

*cough*
Splendid! The experiment is complete. Douglas Adams, RIP, is WRONG. The calculations have come full circle: The Answer to life the universe and everything (=== ixyl) is actually 74791. Much more sensible.

Thanks for your input!

(on-topic: why is it doing that?)
Kajun is awaiting approval.
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

nightowl, can you provide more information on what "don't always" means? i.e. provide an example of a topic where this happens. I take it you're still misguidingly using IE? ;)
heavy-rotation
Thought Police
Thought Police

Post by heavy-rotation »

Kajun wrote:(on-topic: why is it doing that?)
I was just pointing out I mentioned user profiles not working back in June ;) they're fine for me now.

In other news, these input boxes are much nicer to use now.

For some reason I have so submit messages several times to stop it from previewing them though - any ideas? (this has happened for a while)
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

Ah! I was looking at another bug, which took me a while to work out wasn't a bug. (you use forums.ixyl, I use ixyl/forums, so the link you posted - for some reason - just reverts to index.php)

Are you using the quick reply box heavy? I know it's happen for a while - it was defective anti-spam stuff, which was working OK on the post screen but not with quick reply because I didn't put the md5 keys onto it. But I changed that recently and so it works OK for me now? There is some timing thing which means you can't post within 3 seconds of accessing the page, but...
heavy-rotation
Thought Police
Thought Police

Post by heavy-rotation »

Test

edit: It worked ok that time, I'll try and take note of the circumstances next time
nightowl
Alpha (Conditioned)
Alpha (Conditioned)

Post by nightowl »

well the first thing I was moaning about seems to be fine now Kaj but then theres this which pops up when I try to clear out old PM's -

General Error
Could not obtain user id list for outbox messages

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND privmsgs_id IN (1818, 1814, 1810, 1804, 1800, 1780, 1762), 1762, 1780, 1800,' at line 3

SELECT privmsgs_to_userid, privmsgs_type FROM phpbb_privmsgs WHERE privmsgs_id IN (AND privmsgs_id IN (1818, 1814, 1810, 1804, 1800, 1780, 1762), 1762, 1780, 1800, 1804, 1810, 1814, 1818) AND privmsgs_to_userid = 149 AND privmsgs_type IN (1, 5)

Line : 778
File : privmsg.php
If you can't change your circumstances, then change your perceptions :P
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

Yeah, Ice mentioned that. Short-term (and also long-term) solution is to put anything you want to keep in your Save box, and forget about the rest. When your box becomes 100% full, the old PMs just disappear when the new ones come in, so as long as you store what you need, it's all cool. Like a pov's Gmail, I guess.

(I have no idea what it's doing, but that doesn't look like valid - or indeed, sane - SQL to me)
Vague One
Beta-Mandarin
Beta-Mandarin

Post by Vague One »

When a put a quote in a message it hasn't put it in a box, see the Hangover rating post in Hammer and Sickle
willo da wisp
Gamma-Freemartin
Gamma-Freemartin

Post by willo da wisp »

I'm having an issue with 'view(ing) more Emoticons' - most of them are just white boxes with crosses, and when you ask (even nicely) to show picture it just goes that pretty pink colour of the background.

I do understand it might be due to work's cursed addiction to IE, but thought I would check.
Kajun
World Controller
World Controller

Post by Kajun »

heavy-r, I just received the preview page from post-reply when quoting someone. That's the first time it's happened since I fixed quick reply, and is also the first time I've used post-reply so I'll keep an eye out for it and do some testing.

Hence why I'm using the quick-reply to post this? :roll: